2025-2026 Mayo Clinic - Arizona

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chilly_md

Full Member
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
5+ Year Member
On the primary application, do I need to signify anything if I wish to apply to both campuses? I only see Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine as an option - will campus preference/selection happen once I receive a secondary?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS Pre-II R, 09/02. First of the cycle. I laughed when I opened the email, but perhaps I'm crying internally. In all honesty, I can't tell....
 
+1 OOS, Pre-II Hold, Complete 7/28. Going to take it as a soft-R, though I checked last years thread and it looks like some people were interviewed from the hold list!
 
+1 OOS pre-II hold, complete 7/20, LM 76

From what I've heard, this is basically a soft R so I'll take it as is!
 
I should clarify - 10 to 15th percentile for Mayo...... 516
Ah ok lol. As for the interview, approach it like any other - general preparedness for a variety of questions. They clearly believe the rest of your application more than compensates for your MCAT, so emphasize what makes you so interesting.
 
for the welcome session on the week of Monday, should we wear our interview attire (suit) or what is the attire? Thanks 🙂
In the email with the link, they said business professional for the welcome sessions and the interviews. It’s casual for the info session with current students on Sunday
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just to be clear: since our interviews are for mayo AZ, AZ is the only campus we're being considered for for admission, right?
basically. they said in rare cases you might get assigned to another campus that you listed (I'm guessing like if the numbers don't line up at the end of the cycle or something)
Edit: I listed AZ as my first choice so maybe this is different if it was your second choice and you still got an interview here (?)
 
basically. they said in rare cases you might get assigned to another campus that you listed (I'm guessing like if the numbers don't line up at the end of the cycle or something)
Edit: I listed AZ as my first choice so maybe this is different if it was your second choice and you still got an interview here (?)
I got an interview at AZ, which was my first choice, so I thought I was only being considered for the AZ campus. But at the info session they still had a slide that said they'll do their best to match you with the campus you want, so I am just confused haha
 
I got an interview at AZ, which was my first choice, so I thought I was only being considered for the AZ campus. But at the info session they still had a slide that said they'll do their best to match you with the campus you want, so I am just confused haha
hmm yeah at the info session I'm pretty sure they said it is very very unlikely you'd be matched elsewhere. But yeah, it's still possible
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad