Dec SAT scores!

glowworm

inching along
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok here are my stats for my 4th (and last :soexcited:) SAT.
I lost 30 pts from my total so 3rd time was my peak like everyone says.

CR: 800 (the same)

math: 640 (-30pts)

writing: 790 (the same)

the only good part was my essay score-got a 10 instead of my usual 6 or 8. But my MC score was lower, so no change in the score. I was hoping for an 800 writing, but oh well. And I really wanted 700+ in math.

So did anybody else take this test? Post 'em!

Members don't see this ad.

800, 670, 790 super scored looks good to me. Congrats.

though 4 times does not look good.

Just curious, why does 4 times look bad? Is there a "magic number" of tests that you are supposed to take? I can't fix it now,and my scores did go up every time except this last time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its just word of mouth. 2 times is the amount that one should take it. Its suppose to show, the first time you might have screwed up, or you did as best as you could at that moment. The second time shows that you were better prepared and your scores went up.

By you saying you took the SAT 4 times, i suppose you mean SAT I? not the SAT II's (also....did you even take any? not sure how you would have had the time)...if these 4 takes were spaced out (ex. 7th grade, 9th grade, 11th, 12th) then it may look better than (1 time 11th, 3 times 12th). It makes one look a bit "crazy"

Regardless your scores are fine. Hopefully they wont look down on the 4 takes.

Um, yeah, they all were SAT I, taken 4 times in a row. I didn't really think about taking the SAT II until it was too late. But even my first time wasn't horrible (740 CR, 620 math, 630 writing), and I am just applying for a scholarship to a regional uni, not trying to get into Harvard, so maybe it will be okay?