Decided to do 1 yr MPH program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Serie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I decided to do a 1 yr MPH program( starting classes next semester) and will plan on apply to med schools the next cycle. I just wanted to know if med schools look at graduate education as intently as undergrad. Thanks alot!

Members don't see this ad.

Much less so. UGPA is significantly more important than GGPA, although you're still expected to maintain a good GGPA. In other words, if you have a bad UGPA, a good GGPA won't help much. If you have a good UGPA, you're still expected to have a good GGPA.

I don't know much about Graduate GPA, but I do know that about 90% of the people who get a Masters in Medical Science get accepted into med school.

http://www.luc.edu/biology/ma.shtml

So regardless of your GPA, I'm sure you are only increasing your chances of acceptance!

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know much about Graduate GPA, but I do know that about 90% of the people who get a Masters in Medical Science get accepted into med school.

So regardless of your GPA, I'm sure you are only increasing your chances of acceptance!

Loyola's Medical Science Masters is an almost SMP, very heavy in science, not comparable to a typical MPH program.

Is there really an one year long MPH program? :eek: I looked everywhere and all of them were two. Could you name your school for me?

Is there really an one year long MPH program? :eek: I looked everywhere and all of them were two. Could you name your school for me?

Same here. I couldn't find very many 1-year MPH programs around. Dartmouth has one, I believe.

Don't think this is exactly what you're looking for, but Tulane's MPH is actually integrated into the 4 year med school curriculum.

in order to apply to this program, they ask you to submit your AMCAS and letters to them. maybe the program just selects students that tend to be better applicants to begin with.

Same here. I couldn't find very many 1-year MPH programs around. Dartmouth has one, I believe.

I also applied only to places where I could get my MPH in 1 year (ie, 1 calendar year) during med school app year-

Tulane University-(I chose this one)
Dartmouth
Thomas Jefferson University
Florida International University
Des Moines University

I double and tripled checked with the program coordinators that I could finish in 1 year and was reassured, but things may have changed. I started the MPH in June, and finished 2 weeks after spring semester (May) so about 1 year total. Hope this helps!