Deciding between Georgetown SMP and BU MAMS Please help!

Started by bc4life
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bc4life

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently was accepted to Georgetown's SMP and Boston University's MS in Medical Sciences Program and am having a tough time deciding between the two. I've been the forums about which program is better and have found that it really depends on personal preference as well as which aspect of your resume you need to work on (i.e., need more research vs. need higher gpa, etc.).

I'm wondering if anyone could give me a more personalized answer given my current academic standing. I just graduated from Boston College with a cGPA 3.43, sGPA 3.29, MCAT 31. I have one solid summer of research/internship experience and decent volunteer work/ECs.

If anyone could give me some sort of guidance given this information it would be greatly appreciated! I know attending either program would be a privilege, I just want to choose the one that will ultimately help me the most.
 
Hey bc4life! I'm trying to decide between BU MAMS and USC MSGM. I think you should send an email with your stats to the admissions office and ask them about your competitiveness to complete the program if you haven't done so. If you can do well (3.7 graduate GPA, 32+ MCAT, volunteer/research) in the BU program, I think there's a good chance that you can get into BU's med school. It seems that they don't regard the undergraduate GPA (it just needs to be 3.0+, not completely abysmal) and focus on how well you do in the graduate program. I'm sorry I can't help more, but that's just what I think! Good luck!
 

Attachments

Hey bc4life! I'm trying to decide between BU MAMS and USC MSGM. I think you should send an email with your stats to the admissions office and ask them about your competitiveness to complete the program if you haven't done so. If you can do well (3.7 graduate GPA, 32+ MCAT, volunteer/research) in the BU program, I think there's a good chance that you can get into BU's med school. It seems that they don't regard the undergraduate GPA (it just needs to be 3.0+, not completely abysmal) and focus on how well you do in the graduate program. I'm sorry I can't help more, but that's just what I think! Good luck!
Thanks!