Deciding on a major

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mahliah

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im not sure if i'll pick a science major. Are there non-science majors that would satisfy the prereqs requirements and also enable me to work with people if I dont get into med school? I want to be have room in my schedule for an extra science or two but not a full on science major.

Members don't see this ad.

Im not sure if i'll pick a science major. Are there non-science majors that would satisfy the prereqs requirements and also enable me to work with people if I dont get into med school? I want to be have room in my schedule for an extra science or two but not a full on science major.

i was thinking about this as well before. I decided to do biomedical engineering. my situation is different from yours...but yea. its a non life science major, if i dont go med school, which would happen after MANY MANY tries if it does happen, then i still have a very hot field that is expanding crazy fast with stem cell research break through etc. i mean you can switch from biomed engineering to chem engineering to biotech etc other way around as well... atleast at my school you can...its only a matter of like 12 hours of difference in those three majors...

just major in something that would make you happy. it doesn't matter if you major in the life and legacy of Michael Jordan, provided you have done your med school prerequisites and did well on them.

Alright then major in something non-science.

I'm majoring in psych while taking pre-reqs and a few upper level science courses. I don't think i would enjoy being a science major. If you have doubts don't do it.