Decision between pharmacy schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ailiniel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I were to get a request from pharmacy school asking if I decline or accept their offer, how soon would I have to make that decision? Will I be allowed to postpone?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Usually pretty quick.. 2 weeks maybe. You can ask for a extension, some schools will give it to you, like extra week or two, but not often. You'll have to decide whether to put deposit down. I would put deposit down only if you wanted to go to the school.

If I were to get a request from pharmacy school asking if I decline or accept their offer, how soon would I have to make that decision? Will I be allowed to postpone?

What school is this if u dont mind sharing ( praying that its the school im applyin to)

Members don't see this ad :)

Get a response from the school in writing.

I still have not applied to my top choice bc I need to take the Pcat on Nov..so I'm a little worried. I don't know if I should apply to other schools first or wait.

I still have not applied to my top choice bc I need to take the Pcat on Nov..so I'm a little worried. I don't know if I should apply to other schools first or wait.

It will take a few weeks to a month to verify your transcript. How many schools are you applying to. How good are your stats

I am applying to fourteen schools. My overall gpa is a 3.3 and I have one year of hospital volunteer experience and have shadowed a couple of pharmacists. I have just started working as a pharmacy tech for three months. I took the PCAT but my composite score didn't meet the minimum requirement of my top choice school.

Last edited:
I am applying to fourteen schools. My overall gpa is a 3.3 and I have one year of hospital volunteer experience and have shadowed a couple of pharmacists. I have just started working as a pharmacy tech for three months. I took the PCAT but my composite score didn't meet the minimum requirement of my top choice school.

Very good chances at schools especially with 80+ pcat