Decision between pharmacy schools

Started by Ailiniel
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ailiniel

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I were to get a request from pharmacy school asking if I decline or accept their offer, how soon would I have to make that decision? Will I be allowed to postpone?
 
Last edited:
Usually pretty quick.. 2 weeks maybe. You can ask for a extension, some schools will give it to you, like extra week or two, but not often. You'll have to decide whether to put deposit down. I would put deposit down only if you wanted to go to the school.
 
If I were to get a request from pharmacy school asking if I decline or accept their offer, how soon would I have to make that decision? Will I be allowed to postpone?

What school is this if u dont mind sharing ( praying that its the school im applyin to)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I still have not applied to my top choice bc I need to take the Pcat on Nov..so I'm a little worried. I don't know if I should apply to other schools first or wait.
 
I still have not applied to my top choice bc I need to take the Pcat on Nov..so I'm a little worried. I don't know if I should apply to other schools first or wait.

It will take a few weeks to a month to verify your transcript. How many schools are you applying to. How good are your stats
 
I am applying to fourteen schools. My overall gpa is a 3.3 and I have one year of hospital volunteer experience and have shadowed a couple of pharmacists. I have just started working as a pharmacy tech for three months. I took the PCAT but my composite score didn't meet the minimum requirement of my top choice school.
 
Last edited:
I am applying to fourteen schools. My overall gpa is a 3.3 and I have one year of hospital volunteer experience and have shadowed a couple of pharmacists. I have just started working as a pharmacy tech for three months. I took the PCAT but my composite score didn't meet the minimum requirement of my top choice school.

Very good chances at schools especially with 80+ pcat