Program-Specific Info / Q's Decision Help! Bay Path vs. Salem State vs. SUNY Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

travelOt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am currently trying to decide between Bay Path University, Salem State University and SUNY Downstate MOT programs. I am having a hard time choosing, so if anyone has any advice on either program that would be great. Thanks!

Some of the questions I am inquiring about as well. I hope current students and alumni will chime in.

1 How diverse is/was your program?

2 How is/was your faculty, campus support system?

3 Your overall experience, likes and dislikes about the program? (You may post it or message me privately)

4 How is/was finding housing like?

5 Do you feel the program prepared you for the NBCOT exam?

6 How many were in your cohort?

7 Do you feel like 2 1/2 yrs was too short of a length to obtain all the information?

Members don't see this ad.

SUNY Downstate

1. The majority of the class was from in-state. We started with 3 men and ended with 1 and there were 27 women. Demographics included white, African-American, Asian, and Middle Eastern.

2. The faculty had decent office hours and there was always a professor around. I wasn't very involved with student life but there were events held with the other medical programs.

3. I had a good experience.

4. I lived at home, but there are plenty of apartments in NYC and probably around campus.

5. Yes

6. Started with 30 and ended with 28 (some people went part time and one dropped out).

7. No

Reactions: 1 user