Decision Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cdon15

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this sounds very annoying considering some are still anxiously waiting for acceptances, but If anyone could help it would be much appreciated! I'm currently deciding between Stockton and Rutgers south. If anyone has any insight on either program (if you are attending or plan to attend) please let me know!

Members don't see this ad.

I know this sounds very annoying considering some are still anxiously waiting for acceptances, but If anyone could help it would be much appreciated! I'm currently deciding between Stockton and Rutgers south. If anyone has any insight on either program (if you are attending or plan to attend) please let me know!

Hey, I was in a similar situation not too long ago. I was accepted to both of those programs as well but ultimately declined my seat at Rutgers south. I really did not like the program compared to the other schools that I was accepted to. I went to Stockton's accepted students night and really enjoyed the experience with the staff and all the aspects of the program seemed great. Rutgers south is a great school I am sure, I just did not like the experience nearly as much as Stockton so that is my personal reason why I ruled it out.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I was also accepted to both Rutgers South and Stockton. I enjoyed interacting with the students and faculty when I interviewed at Rutgers. Yes, the building is small and the class size is small, but the Rutgers name is huge. Since it’s a top 10 school, when you state you graduated from Rutgers, people will know what you’re talking about. As for Stockton, I never went to an open house but I visited the campus before for track meets. I know a PT who graduated from there and he is an awesome PT (also met a PT who graduated from Rutgers South and she’s awesome too so it’s a plus for both schools). My decision was based more on money since I can commute to Rutgers and not have to pay for housing. I think Stockton is around 150k for 3 years (including housing) whereas Rutgers is around 90k. Huge difference that made the decision pretty clear for me. I think both programs have similar clinical schedules, so there really isn’t much of a difference between the 2 programs. Best of luck with your decision though!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I was also accepted to both Rutgers South and Stockton. I enjoyed interacting with the students and faculty when I interviewed at Rutgers. Yes, the building is small and the class size is small, but the Rutgers name is huge. Since it’s a top 10 school, when you state you graduated from Rutgers, people will know what you’re talking about. As for Stockton, I never went to an open house but I visited the campus before for track meets. I know a PT who graduated from there and he is an awesome PT (also met a PT who graduated from Rutgers South and she’s awesome too so it’s a plus for both schools). My decision was based more on money since I can commute to Rutgers and not have to pay for housing. I think Stockton is around 150k for 3 years (including housing) whereas Rutgers is around 90k. Huge difference that made the decision pretty clear for me. I think both programs have similar clinical schedules, so there really isn’t much of a difference between the 2 programs. Best of luck with your decision though!
Thank you so much for the response!!! I really am leaning more towards Rutgers because of many of the same reasons you mentioned. Thanks again!

Hey, I was in a similar situation not too long ago. I was accepted to both of those programs as well but ultimately declined my seat at Rutgers south. I really did not like the program compared to the other schools that I was accepted to. I went to Stockton's accepted students night and really enjoyed the experience with the staff and all the aspects of the program seemed great. Rutgers south is a great school I am sure, I just did not like the experience nearly as much as Stockton so that is my personal reason why I ruled it out.
Thanks for the insight! I really haven't went to the open houses. I only interviewed at rutgers. Im so torn, hearing great things about stockton, but rutgers obviously carries a bigger name/affils and not to mention being cheaper

Thanks for the insight! I really haven't went to the open houses. I only interviewed at rutgers. Im so torn, hearing great things about stockton, but rutgers obviously carries a bigger name/affils and not to mention being cheaper
I thought cost wise they were similar

Yeah, they were very similar in price. For me, Stockton is actually cheaper because I will be able to commute plus they offer assistantships or work-study opportunities to just about every student that applies for them which definitely helps.