This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

helpmedecide2022

Reaction score
l

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Never been to the South, but eight years in the rust belt is absolutely not it.

Can you apply out from Case Western Reserve U? Because I'd bet money you'll be hoping you can when the time comes, and you didn't list it in either the pro or con category.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
Case Western is an excellent medical school and you will have more flexibility with regards to matching to competitive specialties and to competitive places than UAB. I would go to CWRU.

Edit: I also grew up in Cleveland and went to school in the South. The climate is definitely better in the South, but the location is what you make of it. I personally think Cleveland is a great place and I think the downtown area is being revitalized in recent years. They are full of arts and culture (Rock and Roll hall of fame, Cleveland Art Museum, Cleveland Orchestra (one of the original big 5 orchestras)) and sports (Cavs, Cleveland Guardians). Besides that if you drove out a little, there are plenty of parks if you are an outdoorsy person. Just my 2 cents :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What is the actual cost difference per year. I’d lean towards case western but if it’s 50+ more per year, make sure you do a competitive specialty to offset the 400k difference

Never been to the South, but eight years in the rust belt is absolutely not it.

Can you apply out from Case Western Reserve U? Because I'd bet money you'll be hoping you can when the time comes, and you didn't list it in either the pro or con category.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.