Decisions and Withdrawal Rumors...

Discussion in 'Physician Scientists' started by u2psalm40, Apr 28, 2004.

1. u2psalm40

u2psalm40 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

MD/PhD Student
    hey anyone thinking of withdrawing from an MsTP or MD/PhD program by May 15? Are you into your first choice, or pretty set on one school? There's an acceptance thread, but it doesn't really portray where people are leaning. it would be cool if you could drop a line on this thread.

as for me, well I'm probably making up my mind right at the last minute (right now straight-MD at top 5 school ---which i love! vs. very good MSTPs which i like); i'm on the "alternate list" for mstp at that straight MD school (although apparently everyone who interviews ends up on that list). pretty frustrating.

anyway, everyone's been pretty quiet lately... except for those starting to apply for this next cycle (i.e. why md/phd, am i good enough?...etc.).

good luck on finals and graduating for those of you still in school.

*u2

2. Newquagmire

15+ Year Member

i think i'm going to flip a coin. literally.

3. neurotiger

neurotiger Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I accepted an MSTP spot this week at one school and am very happy with it...but am, for the moment, staying on the waitlist of a school with slightly better research opportunities. I'm struggling to figure out how badly I want to get off the waitlist, which is hard because the decision might not even be in my hands :( and I didn't get the chance to revisit. It almost seems like a quality of life vs. research strength argument to me, except proximity to family is a small, additional factor.

4. doctorvenkman

doctorvenkman Member
    7+ Year Member

once you accept(i did a week ago) a huge feeling of calm overtakes you. it's nice that it's all over.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. BandGeek

BandGeek Member
    7+ Year Member

MD/PhD Student
    I thought I had my decision made, but I just got a call on a waitlist....so I am back at square one :eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. u2psalm40

u2psalm40 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

MD/PhD Student
    congrats! i figure that will be happening alot at this point. somewhat of a blessing and a curse in the days before the deadline, right? :)