decisions, decisions....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gisele

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone! congratulations on your acceptances! i just found out about this site today....like many of you, i'm have dilemmas about where to go. so far, i've been accepted to nyu and university of pittsburgh. i'm interviewing at ohio state univ. this friday. i'm kinda leaning towards nyu at this point. does anyone have any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Gisele!

Congrats on the acceptances!! I am deciding between the same two schools (I've decided against Temple and BU). I've decided to send my deposit to NYU. True, the class sizes are large, but I haven't visited a school yet that does not have to divide up time in the clinic. It is one of the best clinical schools in the country too. Being from Northeast PA, I am close to Philly, NYC, Shore Points in MD, etc. Pittsburgh is kind of boring because it is near nothing else. When I was there, the students got bored of the city and did not think it prepared them clinically, and most needed a GPR. But, the advantage over NYI is that tuition is less.

That is just my opinion, but I hope it helps you somewhat. Good luck!! :)

thanks for the input stargirl and regina330. when i visited univ. of pittsburgh, i really liked it there. got a very warm feeling when i was there. but when i visited nyu, it seemed very cold and alone. i don't know....i guess the title of my message sums it all up...decisions, decisions! well, there's a good chance i'll be seeing you regina330 at nyu. congrats to you guys on your acceptances and good luck! =)