Declining Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.


10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2005
Reaction score
I was hoping someone could help me out with a question. I am in the incredibly fortunate position to have to decline acceptances, but I am a little unsure who the correspondance should be addressed to. Do I send it to the person that signed the acceptance letter, to the admissions office in general, the admissions secratary I've been corresponding with, or someone else I'm not thinking of? If anyone has any experience with this, or anyone has a salient thought, I'd appreciate the guidance. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.
Since you are corresponding with admissions secratary, you might want to send her an email or letter. Otherwise, I would have sent it to the admissions office in general.
Yes, i agree. Just send it to the Office of Admissions. That's what i did.....and start the letter with : To whom it may concern :. They'll know what to do.