Holding Acceptances, But Holding Out For Waitlist Question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bubble21

Reaction score
This might be a dumb question, but I am a bit of a neurotic pre-med, I can admit and would really appreciate some help clearing this up :)

I currently hold two acceptances, but will be withdrawing one of them today. However, this is after the May 15th deadline. I'm a bit confused as to how the May 15th deadline works. Though I am ofc overjoyed to have any sort of acceptance, I am waitlisted at my absolute dream school and would withdraw any acceptance for them immediately.

What exactly does withdrawing after May 15th mean in terms of applications?

Will my holding multiple acceptances after May 15th (though I will be withdrawing one today), have any negative effects on my chances at the WL school? I did send my dream school a letter of intent a couple of weeks ago, if that makes a difference.

Members don't see this ad.

Once you withdraw, you will only be holding 1 acceptance and then you are allowed to stay on your WL.
Thank you so much for the response!

Will I need to inform the waitlisted school (or anyone) of this? Are they able to see the status/change in status?

Thank you so much for the response!

Will I need to inform the waitlisted school (or anyone) of this? Are they able to see the status/change in status?
You only need to inform the school you are withdrawing from. Have you already put a deposit down at the other school where you are accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
You only need to inform the school you are withdrawing from. Have you already put a deposit down at the other school where you are accepted?
I have, I was accepted earlier in the cycle and felt I needed to hold a spot. Will this effect my chances at the WL school?