Declining Interviews and reapplying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocStranger

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you applied to dental schools in 2019-2020 cycle and then declined their interview opportunities in it the past cycle, would it be a bad idea to reapply to them? Also, would other dental schools know what interviews we received in the past cycle and if we declined them? Any input is great.

Members don't see this ad.

So this is probably unique from school to school. I imagine some schools may retain info on you such as “invited for interview,” but not necessarily. If you declined their interviews in the past I would probably not include them on the list of schools I applied to again, just to be on the safe side, unless it’s your state school (statistically your best chance of getting accepted). Other schools will not know what schools you got an interview to last cycle.

If you applied to dental schools in 2019-2020 cycle and then declined their interview opportunities in it the past cycle, would it be a bad idea to reapply to them? Also, would other dental schools know what interviews we received in the past cycle and if we declined them? Any input is great.
It wouldn’t make sense to reapply to those schools.. you basically wasted their time reviewing your application since they offered you an interview you declined, but now you want to reapply again? Seems like a slap in the face to the schools

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It wouldn’t make sense to reapply to those schools.. you basically wasted their time reviewing your application since they offered you an interview you declined, but now you want to reapply again? Seems like a slap in the face to the schools
I second this.

What’s the reason?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got more interviews than I expected and I couldn’t afford booking more flights and hotels. I ended up spending far more than I was able to afford as I was not working at the time. I’m more financially stable now though.

I got more interviews than I expected and I couldn’t afford booking more flights and hotels. I ended up spending far more than I was able to afford as I was not working at the time. I’m more financially stable now though.

Did you get any acceptances the previous cycle when you had all those interviews?

Did you get any acceptances the previous cycle when you had all those interviews?

No I just interviewed at 3 other schools and still waitlisted. This will be my second cycle applying.