1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Declining interviews

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by almost_there, Nov 23, 2005.

1. almost_there

almost_there Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I've been fortunate enough to get an acceptance to University of Washington before I've done much interviewing. But now I'm trying to figure out which places I should withdraw my application/decline interviews at. Clearly, anywhere I wouldn't go over UW I should withdraw at. But before interviewing, I feel like I don't know all that much about a bunch of schools. I do like Seattle, and think that I might like to settle here eventually (either that or somewhere in California), but I would like to explore other parts of the country. Any feedback on these places vs. UW?

Wake Forest
    UMichigan
    Case Western
    Mt. Sinai
    Albert Einstein
    NYU
    UPitt

Thanks!

a_t

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ny skindoc

ny skindoc Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

None of them are better than UW.Especially if you are a state resident.
    If you think living in NYC for a few years would be fun then consider the NYU/Mt Sinai inteviews.But if living in Seattle or CA is your goal,then you need to look no further and save some $$.

4. unicorn06

unicorn06 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

If you want to go into primary care, UW is probably the best of those schools. However, you might consider UMich if you prefer to specialize because UW caters to primary care. That said, either school would provide great tranining for primary care or any specialty. One downside to UW though is that it's almost all in-state students, so you miss out on getting connections with students from all over the country/world.