Declining interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

almost_there

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been fortunate enough to get an acceptance to University of Washington before I've done much interviewing. But now I'm trying to figure out which places I should withdraw my application/decline interviews at. Clearly, anywhere I wouldn't go over UW I should withdraw at. But before interviewing, I feel like I don't know all that much about a bunch of schools. I do like Seattle, and think that I might like to settle here eventually (either that or somewhere in California), but I would like to explore other parts of the country. Any feedback on these places vs. UW?

Wake Forest
UMichigan
Case Western
Mt. Sinai
Albert Einstein
NYU
UPitt

Thanks!

a_t

Members don't see this ad.

almost_there said:
I've been fortunate enough to get an acceptance to University of Washington before I've done much interviewing. But now I'm trying to figure out which places I should withdraw my application/decline interviews at. Clearly, anywhere I wouldn't go over UW I should withdraw at. But before interviewing, I feel like I don't know all that much about a bunch of schools. I do like Seattle, and think that I might like to settle here eventually (either that or somewhere in California), but I would like to explore other parts of the country. Any feedback on these places vs. UW?

Wake Forest
UMichigan
Case Western
Mt. Sinai
Albert Einstein
NYU
UPitt

Thanks!

a_t
None of them are better than UW.Especially if you are a state resident.
If you think living in NYC for a few years would be fun then consider the NYU/Mt Sinai inteviews.But if living in Seattle or CA is your goal,then you need to look no further and save some $$.

If you want to go into primary care, UW is probably the best of those schools. However, you might consider UMich if you prefer to specialize because UW caters to primary care. That said, either school would provide great tranining for primary care or any specialty. One downside to UW though is that it's almost all in-state students, so you miss out on getting connections with students from all over the country/world.