Declining interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chessdude2

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been already accepted to pharmacy school, and plan not to attend my other interviews. Do I need to decline them formally, or do pharmacy schools not care?

Members don't see this ad.

Be formal and professional about it while maintaining a hint of fairness...

I declined USC and UOP in the same manner they would have declined me.

Be formal and professional about it.

I declined USC and UOP in the same manner they would have declined me.

A degrading letter, slap in the face, and kick to the groin?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's more like to pimp slap to further humiliate you.

To clarify, I meant whether I needed to decline at all, or if it's OK to do nothing at all.

To clarify, I meant whether I needed to decline at all, or if it's OK to do nothing at all.

That's why I said be professional about it. Let them know that after "careful consideration" you have chosen to go with an acceptance elsewhere.

Yes you should tell them that you respectfully decline the interview. Be professional about it and inform them.

Just get back to them (in whatever manner they've been communicating to you) and let them know that you have chosen to go to another school.

Personally, I'm a bit of a curious person, so I would go to the interview for the hell of it just to see if I would get in.

Yes. Let them know you wish to decline thier invitation for an interview. This will allow room for other students who are FIGHTING to get into pharmacy school.

Personally, I'm a bit of a curious person, so I would go to the interview for the hell of it just to see if I would get in.

^ Yeah I'm the same way, but I would much rather give someone else a chance to interview. I would want someone to do that for me.

I have been already accepted to pharmacy school, and plan not to attend my other interviews. Do I need to decline them formally, or do pharmacy schools not care?

This is a common sense question. Easy, just email or call the schools that you are withdrawing your application from them since you have chosen a school already. It's up to you how you wanna say it as long as you "communicated with them". Communication is important even if the school does not care. Usually school cares, they could then open a spot for someone who is wanting to get an interview on those schools you just declined. It helps the whole application process smoother and no one is left hanging. Also, the fact that you let them know it shows your professionalism.

Ask them what they'll give you if you accept them. Pit them against each other. Tell them the school currently in the lead is offering 15% off tuition. Accept the best offer. ;) (I wish)