Defer review of my application?

Started by oze
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

oze

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, I'm filling out some secondaries that ask whether or not I want to defer consideration of my application until my new MCAT scores come out.

I got a 29Q the first time around, and I'm re-taking it in September.

So whats the bigger advantage? Having it reviewed early at rolling admission school with marginal scores or having it reviewed much later in the process but with better scores.

Oh and if you're wondering why I'm retaking them at all, its because I had nothing to do this summer and would've been bummed to discover later on that this was the only time I could've retaken it.

Thanks for your help!
 
I would not have them wait. Scores will come out in october which is kind of getting into the late zone and also, there's no guarantee it will be higher.

mcat scores are pretty stable and can you imagine how you'd feel if you got a 29 again or even a lower score but now you're worse off than before because you're weeks more behind!? i would jump off something high at that point.🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
way too late. I'd go ahead and have them review it now, then hope your new score can get you in off a waitlist.

FANTASTIC point about waitlists!

thanks for your help guys.
 
Hi all, I'm filling out some secondaries that ask whether or not I want to defer consideration of my application until my new MCAT scores come out.

I got a 29Q the first time around, and I'm re-taking it in September.

So whats the bigger advantage? Having it reviewed early at rolling admission school with marginal scores or having it reviewed much later in the process but with better scores.

Oh and if you're wondering why I'm retaking them at all, its because I had nothing to do this summer and would've been bummed to discover later on that this was the only time I could've retaken it.

Thanks for your help!

Send it in now while there's still time.
 
I would not have them wait. Scores will come out in october which is kind of getting into the late zone and also, there's no guarantee it will be higher.

mcat scores are pretty stable and can you imagine how you'd feel if you got a 29 again or even a lower score but now you're worse off than before because you're weeks more behind!? i would jump off something high at that point.🙁

They're stable if you have prepared properly the first time you took it 😉.