Deferral after acceptance into MSTP

Started by Stanley
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Stanley

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I am applying to a few scholarships to go abroad next year, concurrently with applying to MSTP. I have been told that most MSTP programs do not allow one the chance to defer enrollment after acceptance into their programs. Although some told me that it is possible. Could anyone knowledgable in this area let me know his or her thoughts?

Thanks.
 
Stanley said:
Hi,

I am applying to a few scholarships to go abroad next year, concurrently with applying to MSTP. I have been told that most MSTP programs do not allow one the chance to defer enrollment after acceptance into their programs. Although some told me that it is possible. Could anyone knowledgable in this area let me know his or her thoughts?

Thanks.

I think this is institution dependent. In my particular class of MSTP students at Michigan (8 total), two had actually gotten accepted 1-2 years before entering and were able to defer their admission without much of a hassle.
 
RARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Don't get fancy. AIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRARRRRRRRRRRRR
 
Stanley said:
Hi,

I am applying to a few scholarships to go abroad next year, concurrently with applying to MSTP. I have been told that most MSTP programs do not allow one the chance to defer enrollment after acceptance into their programs. Although some told me that it is possible. Could anyone knowledgable in this area let me know his or her thoughts?

Thanks.
I know someone in NYU MSTP who deferred a year as well. So, you could look into NYU.