deferring admission to pharm school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Catalina

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if admission acceptance to pharm school can be deferred? If so, for how long?

Members don't see this ad.

I know most of the schools I applied to would let you defer your acceptance for one year. I think each college will have its own policy when it comes to deferring admission.

I know most of the schools I applied to would let you defer your acceptance for one year. I think each college will have its own policy when it comes to deferring admission.

I tried looking on the website for UOP but couldn't find it. May I ask what schools you applied to and where you found the information?

Members don't see this ad :)
Most of the schools I applied to had the info on their website. Try looking under the faq part the schools site you are interested in. Also if the schools you are interested participate in pharmcas you can go to: http://pharmcas.com/collegesschools/directoryalphastate.htm
to find out if the school allows you to defer admission. If you can't find any info at all, then I would just call them to find out.

I have come across this question and answer before at a few schools. From what I have heard they do not allow this. I even heard someone being accepted to a few schools and couldn't go that year do to a few reasons and is now reapplying to those schools.

okay, I see it. I appreciate all of your help.

Does anyone know if you can defer pharmacy admission to out of state schools? What if someone gets accepted to out of state school, defers admission, and establishes residency during the deferment year...do people do that?

Also, anyone know of schools that charge instate tuition after the first year? or allow you to become instate through some rule?...if so, do you know example/rules?