Delayed MCAT need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

52iceberg98

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was planning to take my MCAT May 24th, but unfortunately, even after all of my prep, I was scoring sub-500 even on the AAMC material. My scores were as follows:

AAMC Unscored: 66%/77%/59%/60%
AAMC FL 1: 499 125/122/127/126
AAMCFL 2: 498 126/121/126/126

So i decided that I will void my exam on that day and take it later on in the summer. I'm aiming for a 510+ and don't know where I went wrong. Clearly CARS is where my efforts should be spent, but aside from this, I'm not sure if I should spend any more time on content review (aside from P/S)

I was planning to take it late August or early September, but I know that is too late to apply this cycle. If I take it towards the end of July, will I be able to apply to a few schools and have a chance at getting in this cycle? My cGPA is 3.79, sGPA is 3.64 for reference.

If anyone could offer any advice on how to improve my score within these next few months/if it's possible to get in if applying late in the cycle I'd really appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

I was planning to take my MCAT May 24th, but unfortunately, even after all of my prep, I was scoring sub-500 even on the AAMC material. My scores were as follows:

AAMC Unscored: 66%/77%/59%/60%
AAMC FL 1: 499 125/122/127/126
AAMCFL 2: 498 126/121/126/126

So i decided that I will void my exam on that day and take it later on in the summer. I'm aiming for a 510+ and don't know where I went wrong. Clearly CARS is where my efforts should be spent, but aside from this, I'm not sure if I should spend any more time on content review (aside from P/S)

I was planning to take it late August or early September, but I know that is too late to apply this cycle. If I take it towards the end of July, will I be able to apply to a few schools and have a chance at getting in this cycle? My cGPA is 3.79, sGPA is 3.64 for reference.

If anyone could offer any advice on how to improve my score within these next few months/if it's possible to get in if applying late in the cycle I'd really appreciate it.

I took my MCAT in July, scored in August, had all my secondaries in by labor day, and landed multiple acceptances. Is it possible to get in with a later MCAT? Yes. Would I advise it? Absolutely not.

Did you take any other (third party) practice exams besides the AAMC FLs and Sample? With all your other sections being at least 125, I'd say you really need to take a step back and develop a CARS strategy. Some people triage, others read questions first before reading the passage, and some don't read the passage at all- just figure out what works best for you. I'd look into using the AAMC Section Banks as well. If my memory serves correctly, they were the most representative of my actual exam.