deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mcpickle

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Trying to find examples of someone doing well speaks for itself. 2-4 years ago, finding a job for FT, 6 figures out of school was the norm. Today, it seems like it is the exception.

Also, just because someone is complaining or telling their story of retail pharmacy does not make them a bad pharmacist. Online forums is just a place where they can vent; unfortunately no one cares or will support pharmacists , so all we have is each other.

Well I mean I guess they'll all find out once they graduate right? Maybe they are right and we are just grumpy rich people keeping all the good pay and chill jobs to ourselves.

I think the people showing the 30k jobs are fear mongering, but it's pretty clear the good times are over if you Google "pharmacy layoffs"

People on here talk all the time about dropping out of school and doing something else , but it's quite a bit harder than it sounds, so welcome to the profession I guess :angelic:

Members don't see this ad :)
OP you are well informed and are much more knowledgeable than your peers. The fact that you know you had the same beliefs a year ago, but have since learned shows maturity and growth. You should be proud that you are becoming a responsible adult while these other immature kids live in denial.

Many of these pharmacy students have never worked a job in their life, then they get their first paycheck as a grad intern and don't understand why so much of it went to taxes! They don't realize that ALL employees have to pay taxes regardless of profession.

Some rules of thumb:
1) If a school, corporate office, dentist waiting area, hospital, restaurant etc has state of the art facilities and luxurious furniture and decorations, that means they are making $$$$$ at the expense of their customers. In the case of pharmacy school, the customers are the students. Overhead is the last thing they spend money on, so if they spend that much on facilities then you have to imagine how much goes into their own pockets first.
2) Schools or any business will tell you what they want to hear to their benefit. They will manipulate numbers and promise you the moon. They will lie out the nose just like a used car salesman. In the end, it's all about money. As you get older you will recognize the BS clear as day.
3) Most people who appear to be wealthy on social media are living paycheck to paycheck, have little or no retirement savings, and have heavy consumer debt. If they lost their job they would be financially devastated. There is a saying "big hat no cattle". We all know how much pharmacists make and the majority of us are not ballers unless you are one of the few who invested wisely or have a side hussle which takes time to grow wealth. Head over to the pharmacy forum and search the "what car do you drive" thread, the wealthiest posters here drive cheap cars cause they know they are depreciating assets. The majority of their wealth goes into investments but you wouldn't be able to tell if you saw them on the street. The real millionaires next door look like average Joe's and don't flaunt anything. If they lost their job, they could live on their savings for years and no one would even know they're unemployed.

I wish you well, you are one step above your peers.

Reactions: 6 users
He keeps saying it doesn't add up, doesn't make sense, I was exaggerating, the redditor and internet people aren't to be trusted, people love to complain on the internet, how could school be this hard, you get doctorate and have school cost this much if we weren't getting a good deal in the end, ect.
Here are your replies:
1. Go ahead and ignore internet people but at least read the news, statistics, and job projections: Dealing with online trolls
2. It's called "the law of supply and demand" not "the law of how hard you worked in school"

Keep on spreading the good word my friend.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Here are your replies:
1. Go ahead and ignore internet people but at least read the news, statistics, and job projections: Dealing with online trolls
2. It's called "the law of supply and demand" not "the law of how hard you worked in school"

Keep on spreading the good word my friend.

Exactly, all these naive students believe hard degree = high pay cause they "deserve" it. When 15,000 people graduate with the same degree every year, there will be no high pay anymore.

You are correct through -- that you will have classmates (or even friends) who is getting the whole thing bankrolled by the Bank of Mom and Dad. And you can't equate their life to yours.

So even part time at Walgreens making $45/hour is going to have baller money when college was paid in full and sweet summer child got their house / condo given to them. No need to worry about retirement savings either because the family trust will be bequeathed to them as well.

Reactions: 1 user