Deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted842777

(Deleted)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that 505 from a third party testing company or from an official AAMC practice exam?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Take an official AAMC test. Next Step tests are generally more calculation and content based than AAMC material.

I did the free NextStep fl test
Okay, I was trying to gauge whether your goal was realistic, and it seems like it might be. I got 513 on the NextStep half length about 2 months out and ended up with a 522 on the real thing. You'll need to take official samples to get the best sense, and NextStep isn't as bad as Kaplan or TPR but it's certainly deflated.

Are you going to count as a TX resident for the purpose of TMDSAS?

Okay, I was trying to gauge whether your goal was realistic, and it seems like it might be. I got 513 on the NextStep half length about 2 months out and ended up with a 522 on the real thing. You'll need to take official samples to get the best sense, and NextStep isn't as bad as Kaplan or TPR but it's certainly deflated.

Are you going to count as a TX resident for the purpose of TMDSAS?

Yup I figured haha

And yeah I'll be using the TMDSAS to apply to schools in TX

No bets are taken until an official MCAT result is reported. Practice tests become fishing stories about the scores you were supposed to get but didn't.

Shadowing seems a little light, but I guess I need a breakdown of primary care exposure in shadowing as well as your clinical volunteering at UWMC. Your listed non-clinical volunteering certainly seems very interesting.

If you are a Texas resident, you should do what you can to learn about the TMDSAS process (I'm just making sure you know, because you probably already know). That said, have you connected with other current medical students in Texas? Get their insight about the matching process and how they decided on the schools on their lists. Hopefully a few of those students have SDN accounts and can be found in the forums. If not, use AMSA chapter information.

Status
Not open for further replies.