mille125

10+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Since nobody's updating the interview reviews...

Is there a strong consensus/feeling/opinion on wake forest and unc-chapel hill? I have tried looking at any previous year's reviews, but have not come up with a whole lot. I would like to interview at one, but I'm having difficulty figuring out which one...

thanks

easy one....bowman gray

About the Ads

TheEleventhReel

Dinkin flicka
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Rotated and interviewed at both this year. PM me for details

hokie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Just an FYI: You may enjoy the interview more at UNC - I heard that some years back they hired a PR firm to come in and design the interview/tour day. I did end up ranking them higher than I thought I would before the interview. Wake was top notch - I had some friends at UNC who weren't as happy with the program (although I still think it is good). My info is several years old however...

error404

file not found
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Just an FYI: You may enjoy the interview more at UNC - I heard that some years back they hired a PR firm to come in and design the interview/tour day. I did end up ranking them higher than I thought I would before the interview. Wake was top notch - I had some friends at UNC who weren't as happy with the program (although I still think it is good). My info is several years old however...

UNC has definitely had some turn-over in recent years... I've been hearing (unsubstantiated) rumors of program instability and whatnot. Of course, I have no experience at Wake Med, so I can't really compare.

TheEleventhReel

Dinkin flicka
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hey guys, I should have some free time tomorrow so I will try to post a review of both programs.

nutmegs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2003
Status (Visible)
UNC has definitely had some turn-over in recent years... I've been hearing (unsubstantiated) rumors of program instability and whatnot. Of course, I have no experience at Wake Med, so I can't really compare.

New program director 1.5 years ago, new chair started 1 month ago. Some attending turnover (particularly in pain) but not to a degree I'd call "program instability".

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.