dental anat.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

actright

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1996. 131. largest incisal / occlusal embrasure is located b/w max canine and 1st PM(acc to
me ) or max LI and canine ( acc to the answer key)

99.51the CA that is more circular is located in the crown of max PM...
M of 1st
D of 1 st
M of 2nd
D of 2nd

00.30 ligaments restricting the amt of lateral shift occ on working condlyes.. superior wall of the articular fossa on non workin side or capsular ligament

37. when posterior teth contact more heavely than ant teeth in closure and ant teeth disocclude post teeth in eccentric movmnt this is known as CR CO discrepency or mutually protected occ

Members don't see this ad.

1996. 131. largest incisal / occlusal embrasure is located b/w max canine and 1st PM(acc to
me ) or max LI and canine ( acc to the answer key)

99.51the CA that is more circular is located in the crown of max PM...
M of 1st
D of 1 st
M of 2nd
D of 2nd

00.30 ligaments restricting the amt of lateral shift occ on working condlyes.. superior wall of the articular fossa on non workin side or capsular ligament

37. when posterior teth contact more heavely than ant teeth in closure and ant teeth disocclude post teeth in eccentric movmnt this is known as CR CO discrepency or mutually protected occ

1. I think, you are right, b/n max.canine and max. PM.
2. ? what is CA btw.?
3. I know that during lateral movements, the non-working condyle undergoes translation and working condyle undergoes rotation, but really not sure of this answer. I would assume the answer w'd be capsular ligament.
4. mutually protected occlusion.
feel free to correct if u think otherwise.

hi,
1)if u go by wheeler's page 130(embrasures- spillways) the embrasure between the canine and PM is more as compared to LI and Canine.
2)if its about contact area u r asking its more in distal of mand 1st PM and mesial of 2nd PM.
3)i dint get ur question.
4)posterior teeth is in more contact position as compared to ant teeth when they r in most retruded position ie,CR.

hi,
1)if u go by wheeler's page 130(embrasures- spillways) the embrasure between the canine and PM is more as compared to LI and Canine.
2)if its about contact area u r asking its more in distal of mand 1st PM and mesial of 2nd PM.
3)i dint get ur question.
4)posterior teeth is in more contact position as compared to ant teeth when they r in most retruded position ie,CR.

I too feel skabbaraju is right abt the 4 answer.I found this online....

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Ideally, during the excursive jaw movements, the posterior teeth must not participate of occlusion. This disocclusion must be obtained at the expense of the anterior teeth. Thus, during the jaw protrusive movement, the lower incisal borders slide on the palatal surfaces of the upper incisors, promoting total disocclusion. Likewise, during the lateral movements, the canine must perform the disocclusion. These concepts, known as "mutually protected occlusion", are important to define the occlusal pattern in subjects with complete dentition. Along those lines, the posterior teeth protect the anterior teeth of any contact in the static jaw position and during the excursive movements."Brazilian Dental Journal .[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Importance of occlusion aspects in the completion of orthodontic treatment.