dental application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tnt47101

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just started studying for the DAT now, and I'm wondering if should submit my application first or should I worry about that, after taking the DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

You're applying this cycle and you only just started studying for the DAT?
I had summer classes and some personal problems that interfered with my studying for the DAT, I think it is still okay to apply at this time. Better late than never.

Members don't see this ad :)
You are definitely going to be at a significant disadvantage this cycle. How far off is your DAT? Remember that schools will put your application on hold until your official scores are in, which is about 2-3 weeks after you take your exam.

You are definitely going to be at a significant disadvantage this cycle. How far off is your DAT? Remember that schools will put your application on hold until your official scores are in, which is about 2-3 weeks after you take your exam.
I am planning to take the DAT in August

I think you'll need more than a month to study for the DAT in order to get a good score

Reactions: 1 users
I had summer classes and some personal problems that interfered with my studying for the DAT, I think it is still okay to apply at this time. Better late than never.

At some point in the application cycle, you can be late enough to be at a severe disadvantage. On top of that, you're limiting the amount of time you have to study for the DAT to a pretty narrow window, which is definitely not a good thing. What's your GPA?

At some point in the application cycle, you can be late enough to be at a severe disadvantage. On top of that, you're limiting the amount of time you have to study for the DAT to a pretty narrow window, which is definitely not a good thing. What's your GPA?
My gpa is 3.85

My gpa is 3.85

If you are confident after a month of studying that you will be ready for the dat then okay. On the other hand if you score under a 20 then you are at a serious disadvantage that late in the cycle. You would have to aubmit your stuff and I would say to submit your app to one school so your stats are verified. I have two friends who applied in August last year and got in but they had a 22 and 24 respectively. The only difference is that they studies for almost 3 months. Saying all this make sure you are 100% sure you will do well on the dat and this way you will have a shot otherwise forget it and apply next cycle. What are your ec's by the way?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile