Dental Assistant Interview Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fayevalentine

See you space cowboy.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I have 2 dental assistant interviews this week :heckyeah:. I know many of you have had DA jobs and was looking for some advice as far as what types of questions they may ask. I've had DA experience but I didn't actually have to interview for the job. Any tips? Thank you, my favorite online group <3

Members don't see this ad.

They will most likely ask questions to get a feel for your personality. See if you can fit with the rest of staff because that is very important.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with the fit! ^ I've only been to one interview before, but it was pretty useless since my availability did not match up to what they were looking for at all lol so my chances were already shot. I just remember being asked about my experience and availability for the most part. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Just be yourself, be honest or at least fake it till you make it if the job doesn't sound ideal. You have to start somewhere. I think the best line is "I don't believe any type of work is beneath me if I'm contributing to the overall success of our team's daily and long term goals" KEY points in this phrase include: your willingness to do anything to help out and mentioning yourself as a part of the team. You have to get them to visualize you as apart of the office staff. If offered a working interview where you go in and they observe if you can pick up tasks easily and have a sense of urgency then this is your time to shine! Try to be friendly and talkative and get to know the staff so when the boss/hiring manager asks other employees (hygienists, assistants, receptionists) about you, then they will express good things about you and your wonderful personality and skills! Good luck :)

I remember when I got interviewed for a dental related job... the whole entire staff interviewed me. Was like speed dating.

I agree with the fit! ^ I've only been to one interview before, but it was pretty useless since my availability did not match up to what they were looking for at all lol so my chances were already shot. I just remember being asked about my experience and availability for the most part. Good luck!
Thank you! That's too bad the hours didn't align.

Just be yourself, be honest or at least fake it till you make it if the job doesn't sound ideal. You have to start somewhere. I think the best line is "I don't believe any type of work is beneath me if I'm contributing to the overall success of our team's daily and long term goals" KEY points in this phrase include: your willingness to do anything to help out and mentioning yourself as a part of the team. You have to get them to visualize you as apart of the office staff. If offered a working interview where you go in and they observe if you can pick up tasks easily and have a sense of urgency then this is your time to shine! Try to be friendly and talkative and get to know the staff so when the boss/hiring manager asks other employees (hygienists, assistants, receptionists) about you, then they will express good things about you and your wonderful personality and skills! Good luck :)
That is a great line :). Thank you for the advice! I do believe all of those things but I just wasn't sure what they were looking for. In a working interview, do they guide you at all? Like if I am used to doing things one way, but they like them another, I assume they will teach me their way correct? I really appreciate your help :)

Prepare for questions/conversation about being a "team-player".

Prepare for questions/conversation about being a "team-player".
Came from my first interview just now and yep! There was a LOT of that haha, you are spot on.

That is a great line :). Thank you for the advice! I do believe all of those things but I just wasn't sure what they were looking for. In a working interview, do they guide you at all? Like if I am used to doing things one way, but they like them another, I assume they will teach me their way correct? I really appreciate your help :)
They'll show you how to do things and then kind of observe how quickly and efficient you learn & if you pick up tasks on your own without being told what to do