Dental Assisting theft record??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Green63

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello I am new here I apologize if I have posted on the wrong thread. I would like to go into dental assisting school my only problem is I have 3 misdeamonor with theft record from 6 years ago. Has anyone ever been disqualified for this? I would like to go to college this following year, I also love in Florida. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You need to inquire in the school you plan to attend and in the licensing body of possibility of getting licensed. I, personally, would not hire a person with such record - too much risk with drugs, expensive instruments and patients personal information at stake

The bigger problem lies when you are finding a job as a dentist.

If you truly changed your life around and are a changed person, I don't see a problem hiring you as long as you were good at what you do. Mistakes cn be forgiven, and a misdemeanor is not the end of the road. There are unfortunately dentists practicing with felonies, so I do not think getting a license to assist with a misdemeanor that happened way back in the day should be too much of a headache. You may have to jump through some hoops, but people love a success story.

Reactions: 1 user