dental clinic observation in U.S

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

christinaxd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, Guys.
I'm a foreign trained dentist. I'll fly to Califonia taking NBDE part 1 in Jan, 2013. I plan to stay in U.S for about 2 months after finishing NBDE. So now, I wonder whether I can get a chance to be a dentist assistant in the U.S dental clinic or just do kind of observation? Now, I'm in China and I want to apply for this kind of oppurtunity before arriving US next year. Does anyone have the same experience? How can I contact the US dental clinic when I'm in foreign country?
Thank you for any suggestion and advice. I will pretty appriciate that.

Members don't see this ad.

hi, Guys.
I'm a foreign trained dentist. I'll fly to Califonia taking NBDE part 1 in Jan, 2013. I plan to stay in U.S for about 2 months after finishing NBDE. So now, I wonder whether I can get a chance to be a dentist assistant in the U.S dental clinic or just do kind of observation? Now, I'm in China and I want to apply for this kind of oppurtunity before arriving US next year. Does anyone have the same experience? How can I contact the US dental clinic when I'm in foreign country?
Thank you for any suggestion and advice. I will pretty appriciate that.

No one will hire you as a dental assistant for only 2 months and usually they require you to be trained as a CDA or RDA. You can observe for the 2 months when you come here, but you would usually ask when you get here rather than asking the dental clinics now.