Dental Device Help You Lose Weight

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
this post again :rolleyes:

ABC is sure as hell slow. This was in a little dinky free NY newspaper about a week ago

Brocnizer2007 said:
this post again :rolleyes:

ABC is sure as hell slow. This was in a little dinky free NY newspaper about a week ago

Broc,

You?re soo pessimistic ;). I posted about this, earlier this week, it?s pretty interesting?.. I guarantee it?ll catch on in NYC before it catches on in Chicago, Cincinnati, and St. Louis.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know for a fact it will catch on in NYC. I was reading the first few pages of AM newyork and there were these, excuse my phrase, some very large people reading it and talking about going to the dentist to get the device. I was thinking in my head "what the hell are they talking about" I got closer to the back of the paper and there it was. These fat people seemed so excited about it.

I do not know how people are big in this city. I had a few classmates that were overweight when we first started back in Sept. and now they are normal to thin. After awhile you say screw the bus (if a subway is not near like around NYUCD) and just walk every where. I'm probably in the best shape of my life right now. I walk almost 2 hours a day (not by choice). I would put a pic of the new me up but not sure how to do it.

It looks like a retainer....hehe :D

I say you just wire their jaw shut and force them to live off of fluids for a month. The pounds will just melt off. :eek:

There is only one tried and tested method to lose weight and which works for ever.It involves 2 steps:

1)Diet Modulation:NOT Diet.because u cannot diet for ever.So in case you are overweight,you need to exercise and diet aggresively.

Once you are down to the desired level,both should be toned down,just enough to maintain your weight at the same level.

2)Exercise:Lesser weights,more of aerobics....walking/joggin is the best along with crunches and side bends for the waist line!

About all these devices,I have often seen that patients who have a severe fracture of the jaw and have to be put on INter-Maxillary ligature lose weight in the same duration as they are mainly on fluids.

But the moment the wires are off,they not only regain what they have lost but also add a few more.

Sorry but I really do not believe in all such stunts!

P.s.Its a free world!