Dental Electives in Toronto Dent School??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gintaman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!!

I'm a 4th yr BDS student from New Zealand. And I was looking to go to University of Toronto to do one of their electives.

The concept of electives are quite new to me, so I was just wondering if any of you have experience in this matter? What does an elective include anyway - clinical practice or is it just observing?

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys!!

I'm a 4th yr BDS student from New Zealand. And I was looking to go to University of Toronto to do one of their electives.

The concept of electives are quite new to me, so I was just wondering if any of you have experience in this matter? What does an elective include anyway - clinical practice or is it just observing?

Thanks!!

I'm not sure if you already have, but you might have more luck over at Premed101 forums with regard to Canadian dental schools.

Hey, I am a graduate of UofT but I am not familiar with what you are referring to. Are you looking to gain licensure in Canada?

Hey, I am a graduate of UofT but I am not familiar with what you are referring to. Are you looking to gain licensure in Canada?

Not really haha. Although I do plan to move canada in the future. For now all I wanted to do is join the elective programs they were offering - to sort of get an idea about how dentistry is like in canada.

I noticed they had elective programs for general dentistry, max fac etc for undergrad dent students

http://www.dentistry.utoronto.ca/admissions/elective-program-information/elective-programs-offered.

But i'm not sure what do you do in a elective program though :/