Dental Graduation Gift Ideas??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cactus99

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Anyone have any suggestions on great gift ideas for my boyfriend who is graduating dental school and about to start his residency?? We are going on a trip together after graduation, but then he will be moving away and I'd like to give him something tangible to take with him too.

Yourself? Move with him.

Yourself? Move with him.

HA, well we've only been dating for a few months...not quite there yet. Haven't even had "the talk" about his moving and how we will handle it yet...

Members don't see this ad :)
Herpes.The gift that keeps giving.

Well, Cactus99, you know what all guys like, right? (Besides THAT!!!!!) Electronics!!! How about a nice gadget that can help him during residency too? Does he need a new computer? Camera? Cell phone? And all these devices can help you two stay in touch while you are long distance too. Oh, and don't forget the good ole Webcam!! It can come in real handy all those cold, lonely nights, if you know what I mean;)!!!

:laugh: I LOVE the responses - yet another confirmation of my opinion on most dentists I've met who tend to be awesome, hilarious people.

Anyway, thanks for the electronics idea too. He desperately needs all of those things...gotta figure out which one would be most useful I suppose.

Keep the ideas coming guys!! Thanks in advance...

Long distance relationships rely on cell phones. People are more likely to use cell phones that are easy to use with nice features.

Along the lines of electronics - A fancy ipod or some other mp3 player. A new laptop if he doesn't have one.

Gift cards to the airline with the most flights to & from your cities so he has no excuse to not come visit you.

An mp3 player is good. A big tv is also good if you have the resources for a more expensive gift. This way, he'll be more likely to stay home on Saturday night than go out to a bar.

Anyone have any suggestions on great gift ideas for my boyfriend who is graduating dental school and about to start his residency?? We are going on a trip together after graduation, but then he will be moving away and I'd like to give him something tangible to take with him too.

nothing says "i love you" more than handing him a piece of paper that says his dental loans are all paid off...:thumbup:

I would say this would be perfect if he was going straight into practice after graduation, but it still might be okay...

Get him a white doctor's coat with his name embroidered on it...

Insert Name Here, D.D.S. (or D.M.D.)

Along the lines of electronics - A fancy ipod or some other mp3 player. A new laptop if he doesn't have one.

Gift cards to the airline with the most flights to & from your cities so he has no excuse to not come visit you.

Ooo I like the airline gift card idea!! Thanks for all the awesome suggestions (and humor)...

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude,

Too funny.:laugh:

I was being kind of serious. Especially since this dude is going to be slaying poon left and right once the ladies find out he's a resident (even perio residents get asss if they play the "surgeon" thing right). Cactus99, you must start plotting revenge NOW!

Drunk double post. SOrry!

A PS3. Every time sits back to relax with a little GTA IV and starts killing police and hookers, he'll think of you.

I was being kind of serious. Especially since this dude is going to be slaying poon left and right once the ladies find out he's a resident (even perio residents get asss if they play the "surgeon" thing right). Cactus99, you must start plotting revenge NOW!

Seriously this is NOT what I want to hear...:(

Seriously this is NOT what I want to hear...:(
Seriously, don't take things too seriously around here. Most of us are drunk or suffering from severe lack of sleep or both so we like to mess around with people. Your boyfriend will probably not get that much poon...maybe just a little:D

As soon as he starts his residency, he will look for other girls and you will be nothing more than a fond memory of his past. If I were you, I would use that money to pay off your student loan.

You may consider a matted nice frame for his diploma. He will always have it!
That is nice of you to think about the gift and go out of your way to post here to look for the perfect gift!

You may consider a matted nice frame for his diploma. He will always have it!
That is nice of you to think about the gift and go out of your way to post here to look for the perfect gift!

I always thought this was a nice gift, except all of my matted frames are in a storage unit somewhere while I slave through associateships, residencies and homelessness for five years after graduating dental school.

The only thing that stands between you and a successful LDR is money and a flexible schedule to fly very often to keep the boy's attention focused on you.

I like the idea of the webcam. This will enable you to see each other more regularly, and thus increase the likelihood that you'll end up together...

I like the idea of the webcam. This will enable you to see each other more regularly, and thus increase the likelihood that you'll end up together...

and think you could also engage in............internet webcam sex:thumbup:

and think you could also engage in............internet webcam sex:thumbup:

Interestingly enough, he brought up the webcam idea last night (sans the sexual innuendo). How funny! But I already decided on the gift card for airfare along with a diploma frame.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!! :)

nothing says "i love you" more than handing him a piece of paper that says his dental loans are all paid off...:thumbup:

i have ideas for some gifts as u can see them in my attached file...

Attachments

• Dental Promotional Keychains-2009 Series.pdf
    136.6 KB · Views: 290
To give a gift any one is not as per there profession but as per the person. I think if the gift given to the girl or lady than purse is very nice and for boys there is cap or watch is more good and useful for them.

I live my life by these words.

hi there. you could get him:
1- a pair of loupes
2- a detal model to his area of study
3- a graduation Tee
4- a mug with love on one side and a dental arch on the other
5- a custom made scrub top and complement pair of scrub pants
6- if you want him to remember you :love:, get options 3, 4.

Best of luck to you boyfriend. :thumbup:

uh, this post is from 2008. Wonder if they are still together....