Job suggestion for a new dental graduate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBDENTIST

Reaction score
Background- Hello, I am a foreign graduate dentist, currently doing 1-year AEGD residency and I am looking for a job either in a DSO (Dental Support Organization) or a private dental clinic in Virginia that can sponsor a visa. I recently talked with a recruiter and, he had linked me with a private dental clinic owner who can sponsor a visa. I am going to discuss with the owner this weekend.

Questions- What areas can I discuss beforehand?
How much amount I can expect or negotiate?
I have 0 idea about this.
I am sure he is going to ask me about the implant placement, second molar RCT, Invisalign, and surgical extraction. So far, I have just started 2 RCT ant & post, 0 surgical extraction, 0 implants ( made t/t plan of implant like 7 pts so far), no experience of Invisalign, and no exposure of surgical extraction till now. Hopefully, I will do more before graduating. So, how can I approach the employer regarding the flexibility of procedures?
Your guidance will be invaluable as I take my first steps in the professional world after graduation.
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

you find an employer who deosn't want you to do things you are not comfortable with and be frank about what you are comforble doing and what you are not.

Reactions: 1 user
you find an employer who deosn't want you to do things you are not comfortable with and be frank about what you are comforble doing and what you are not.
How can I negotiate the salary? How much is the average salary a new graduate can expect?

Members don't see this ad :)
How can I negotiate the salary? How much is the average salary a new graduate can expect?
There is this guy on Instagram called dental nachos ..has many useful posts and you can ask him too.

Your salary will depend on what procedures you’re doing. Do more, make more. Will be uncomfortable at first but you get used to it. Try to do your first couple XYZ procedures before finishing your AEGD so it’s an easier transition to private practice

Status
Not open for further replies.