Dental Histology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alcar149

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm a first year dental student and I'm now studying dental histology. My collegue and I trying to find out why does the cell-free zone (weil's zone) is only visible into de the coronal pulp.

Help us,

Thank!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,

I'm a first year dental student and I'm now studying dental histology. My collegue and I trying to find out why does the cell-free zone (weil's zone) is only visible into de the coronal pulp.

Help us,

Thank!

"why does.....is only.....into de the"

you are and you are collegue drunk from the alcohol too before the typing of the stuff to the above into the sdn?

Ok I see, sorry for my bad English I speak French so I had difficulty to explain clearly what's my question... I'll try again: We studied the pulp histology and we saw the peripheral aspect of the pulp with the 3 layers :
1) Odontogenic zone
2) Weil's zone (free cell zone)
3) Rich cell zone

The layer #2 (weil's zone) is only visible in the coronal pulp so I must find why we can't see it in the radicular pulp.
I hope it's clear now.. if not just never mind.
Thanks

It was my understanding that the cell-free zone is usually absent in the radicular pulp. Are you asking why is it absent?

Edit: Nerves in the pulp chambers form an extensive plexus on the inner side of the odontoblastic layer (Raskchow's plexus). This plexus occupies the space known as the cell-free zone. In the roots, however, there is not much room. Nerves do not form a plexus. Instead the main trunks give off lateral branches that go through the cell rich zone straight into the odontoblastic layer. Therefore, no cell free zone exists in radicular pulp.

Source: My Dental Histology professor.

Last edited:
Yes it was my question.

Thank you a lot for your answer, it's really appreciate.