Biochem and Histology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

esjung

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My first year of dental school starts on this Aug. I am super excited and also nervous at same time.

I would like to prepare some Biochem and Histology. Could you tell me what materials or resources I should use to prepare them? I prefer the materials that have basics. (ex. AP Biology book, which helped me a lot on DAT).

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

For biochemistry, chad from chadsvideos has a new site called chemistryprep.com. i used the biochemistry videos for biochemistry 420 at school and i got an A bc of it. His videos break down concepts into simple ideas and youll be a pro afterwards. It comes with an AWESOME note guide that goes along with the videos, similar to what you may have used when you studied for the dat (same idea).

as for histology, i dont plan on taking that in undergrad even though im a bio major and would have the first shot at enrolling it. when i used DAT qvault for dat biology, a question was related to histology and they said to watch "shotgun histology" on youtube as it could show up on the DAT. im sure theres some good stuff out there on histology.

My first year of dental school starts on this Aug. I am super excited and also nervous at same time.

I would like to prepare some Biochem and Histology. Could you tell me what materials or resources I should use to prepare them? I prefer the materials that have basics. (ex. AP Biology book, which helped me a lot on DAT).

Thanks.

I was thinking about studying before and ended up not studying.
Im glad I didnt and enjoyed myself instead. Any time you spend studying will get covered so quickly you will have to restudy anyways.

However if you really wanted to study more, shotgun histology videos are good and looking at goycolysis and krebs etc is good as thats the bulk of biochem.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app