• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

sumram

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2003
Status (Visible)
Hi guys,

Just wanted to know the procedure to practice as a dental hygienist in the bay area.Is there just an exam that I would need to clear? or do I have to go in for the course?

Hope someone would be able to help me

Thnks in advance,

sumram

HONEST DENTIST

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2004
Status (Visible)
hi,
as far as i know florida is the only state which allows a dentist trained out side the united states to practise as a dental hygienist
with out any further training.ofcourse you have to take national dental hygiene board and florida dental hygiene licence exam to practise as a hygienist there. you have to finish a dental hygiene program in an accredated dental school in usa for all other states(as far as i know).any way check with california state dental boards there.
honest

About the Ads

sumram

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2003
Status (Visible)
Hi Honest dentist and kosha,

Thnks so much for ur responses.I really wish it wasn't so hard even to practice as a hygienist,wish we could get done only with one exam.I don't understand why we need to go to school for 2 yrs to do scaling even!!Ridiculous , isn't it??

sumram

HONEST DENTIST

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2004
Status (Visible)
hi sumram,
some times i feel like becoming a dental hygienist is much harder than getting into a dental school.even if you decide to go to hygiene program which is 2 years its not that easy. when i called some progarm directors they told me that i have to take some pre requisite classes before getting to the progaram.it will take almost 2 years to complete that then do the 2 year hygiene program..they are not even considering foreign dental degee to get into the program.:confused: .
honest

sumram

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2003
Status (Visible)
Hi Honest,

I know this absolutely crazy ! Iwonder what the logic behind all this is though!

So,what do u do now?
sumram

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.