Dental Interview Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maca

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone
Im starting this thread to really give you some advice on the interview process.
I know that some of the interview offers have already gone out and others are coming soon.
Im an international dentist and got in earlier this year for the IDAPP program at University of Toronto. I start in the next three weeks so Im really excited. The interview process is the same as for first year DDS and I thought I would help the same way people helped me.

The most important thing about the interviews is being able to understand and answer the questions the way they want you to (which I found difficult). I got help from a person that is already in dental school. Her email address is [email protected]. If you email her, she'd be able to help you out by telling you where to get resources for the questions.

Thats my input
Good Luck :)
And write if you need some specific help

Members don't see this ad.

Forgot to mention that the above relates to Canadian Dental Schools...good luck

Hi
I just joined this forum... Im really interested in this course but is it worth it?
What kind of stuff does she offer? Does she only do University of Toronto? I havent heard from any schools yet but Im hoping for either UofT or Western...keeping my fingers crossed :)
Oh and I applied to UofT, WHO, Dal, and Manitoba

Please let me know more... I'll email her tonight to see what the deal is...

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Predent :)

Well I took the course last year and its really a seminar covering all the topics below
- etiquette
- what to wear and what to avoid
- how to conduct yourself, what to say and what to avoid
- how to pick out bad/trick questions
- how to lead thhe discussion where you want
- how to determine what they're looking for from the questions

She goes through (well she did with our class) on what to say, how to say it, and pretty much everything you need to know about the interview.
I have to be honest... there were about 50 people at her class Medical and Dental School.
She gave a 2 hour talk and then followed a huge involved discussion.
It got everyone involved. She goes through questions and discusses what the difference is between a good, OK and bad answer is.

Honestly though email her and she'd tell you more about it. I only know from what I can remember

Hope that helps
Maca

How many courses/classes are there? And are they on weekends? I still havent heard anything from any of the schools I applied to. :(