Post December interview question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucfknight7

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received a post December interview and scheduled it for December 12th. My question is are post December interviews a lot more competitive to get an acceptance since half or more seats have been filled up? Also when would they let you know if you've been accepted because I have a few interviews that are pre-December and I don't want to reject them and gamble with my chances on an acceptance...

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, it is typically more difficult to gain an acceptance with a post december interview. Since its after December 1st, schools can technically accept you anytime they want.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, it is typically more difficult to gain an acceptance with a post december interview. Since its after December 1st, schools can technically accept you anytime they want.
Damn looks like I'm going to be in a tough spot come December...

Members don't see this ad :)
I think with the new system and now that there are not "batches" and everything is now electronic, schools are able to interview the best candidates first. However, the best candidates (at least those that post on SDN) each have like 5+ interviews. Obviously, they can only go to one dental school, and it may not even be a school that offered them a pre-December interview. Point is, the "cream of the crop" who are getting pre-December interviews will only be able to accept one school, leaving all the other schools with an empty seat. Dont worry, you'll get interviews soon enough as long as you're stats are average. As for now, they're trying to get the students who have the best stats and then they'll move from there.
Hang tight :D

Reactions: 1 users
I think with the new system and now that there are not "batches" and everything is now electronic, schools are able to interview the best candidates first. However, the best candidates (at least those that post on SDN) each have like 5+ interviews. Obviously, they can only go to one dental school, and it may not even be a school that offered them a pre-December interview. Point is, the "cream of the crop" who are getting pre-December interviews will only be able to accept one school, leaving all the other schools with an empty seat. Dont worry, you'll get interviews soon enough as long as you're stats are average. As for now, they're trying to get the students who have the best stats and then they'll move from there.

But his stats are great, he is one of the "cream of the crop" DAT wise lol

Joke's on you. I'm going to three dental schools.

Reactions: 3 users
It is more difficult, but plenty of people get in with post december interviews.
I understand that but my question is, is it common for students to decline acceptance for a pre December interview for a chance to get accepted to another school like their dream school or do they usually end up choosing from the schools that accepted them on December 1st?

Just saw a thread that said you can hold acceptances at multiple schools, so I guess that's what I'll do if I'm put in this position. Can anyone confirm?

Just saw a thread that said you can hold acceptances at multiple schools, so I guess that's what I'll do if I'm put in this position. Can anyone confirm?
You can put up some cash to hold the spot, and then at some point (April or something?) the ADEA lets the schools know if you're holding more than one.

Yes you can, but you will need to deposit $1000 per school to do so.