dental jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

parkerbros99999

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How hard is it to get a job as a dentist without any references?

Members don't see this ad.

Diploma + appropriate license = many job opportunities

hmm, really?

I always suspected employers would do lengthy reference checks because they wouldn't want to risk their practice being liable for mistakes of incompetent dentists.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you labeling yourself? Most employers want a new graduate producing 50k/month right out of school:D . Can you prep your class IIs in about 3 to 5 minutes?

hey the guy who "wasnt allowed to leave the city" is back

check out his old posts and try to unravel the mystery......

Short explanation is that there are more dentists retiring/nearing retirement age now than graduating d-school

What's the typical job offered to a dentist fresh out of a gpr residency?

And exactly how competitive is it to get an 'average' job offer?

Also, I've noticed some really attractive positions that are listed in the JADA magazine. Can anyone provide some inside scoop on these advertised positions? Some of the listed jobs are offering above-average benefits and they seem to want to interview as much people as possible before making their selections.

No matter how many more dentists are retiring, it's still a given fact that there are more candidates than job openings and employers aren't desperate enough to hire anyone. I'm asking this so that we can all get a feel for how the job market is doing for dentists. And from my experience, no dentist was able to get a job from having a pulse, diploma, and licensure alone.