Dental Lor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sonylarkhi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...I've been shadowing at a dental office for the past 9-10 months....the office has two dentists one of whom is an associate....I was going to get an LOR from them..I was wondering if you guys think it should be just from the one dentist who owns the practice or would a joint letter from both dentist be better and more powerful?....any insight would be appreciated...thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hey....actually the other dentist is a partner and not an associate...don't know if that makes a difference

there's is a difference between a partner and a associate but for as for writing the letter it doesn't matter. Just go by who can write you a better letter, who knows you best.

Members don't see this ad :)
this particular subject has in no way been beaten to the ground....maybe if you searched previous posts on the matter you wouldn't feel the way you do...

this particular subject has in no way been beaten to the ground....maybe if you searched previous posts on the matter you wouldn't feel the way you do...

:rolleyes:

I feel the way I do because it's such a silly question. A dentist is a dentist is a dentist. Do you really think the adcom is going to care whether the dentist writing the LOR is a partner or associate? If anything, you should be caring about which school each of dentists are alums of. Even that may not carry much weight.

Please re-read the original post...i wasn't asking if the letter should be from an associate OR an owner...i was asking if the letter should be co-signed by both partners...or just the one dentist....its ok though...at this point i'm not really looking for your opinion....nothing personal.....thanks anyway