dental medicaid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimsaekyu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the benefits when a dentist decide to participate in dental medicaid program.?
Plz answer me..

Members don't see this ad.

It is quite simple....

10X more patients + 1/10 the pay = Really bad dental work....

SuperC said:
It is quite simple....

10X more patients + 1/10 the pay = Really bad dental work....

That's not always the case and don't be so quick to bash a potentially great source of income, not to mention providing a much needed service. I know some talented dentists that have switched their practices towards Medicaid patients and they are not hurting for money nor patients by any means.

Members don't see this ad :)
You are correct, just like anything, it has its pros and cons. It, however, has been my experience that dentists that switch to medicade are not necessarily "bad" dentists, but the time constraints placed on them by the demanding patient loads tends to lower the quality of work.

I know a dentist in south Florida that started medicade and it was my impression that he was getting burnt out after a year or two and you and I both know that if you have a successful office grossing say right at a million a year, it would be down right insane to switch to a medicade program.

As for the service aspect you are totally right, but there are many other ways to serve those in need of dental care other than medicade.

-C

Sprgrover said:
That's not always the case and don't be so quick to bash a potentially great source of income, not to mention providing a much needed service. I know some talented dentists that have switched their practices towards Medicaid patients and they are not hurting for money nor patients by any means.

We will see in 4 years when we graduate, but it appears that it would take a long long time to pay off your 250,000 with medicaid reimbursements. Who knows though.

DIRTIE said:
We will see in 4 years when we graduate, but it appears that it would take a long long time to pay off your 250,000 with medicaid reimbursements. Who knows though.

I plan on trading my services for goods or services.

ie: "I'll fill your cavity for your Ken Griffey Jr. rookie card?"

or
"I'll put braces on your kid if you invite me to a BBQ."

It's all about giving back folks.

VegasBabyVegas said:
I plan on trading my services for goods or services.

ie: "I'll fill your cavity for your Ken Griffey Jr. rookie card?"

or
"I'll put braces on your kid if you invite me to a BBQ."

It's all about giving back folks.

Finally....My 50th post!!! I'd like to take this time to thank my slumping grades for giving me the chance to spend so much time on this sad website.

Dentists can typically limit the number of medicaid patients they accept. IOW, you can accept some medicaid patients to help improve access to care, but still balance this with non-medicaid patients to run a profitable business. Of course it would be nice if the medicaid reimbursment rates were increased!

DIRTIE said:

I didn't say that I was going to take my practice in the direction of Medicaid pateints. ;) I was rather skeptical about Medicaid and dentistry until a couple of practicing dentists slapped me down and said it's not the hole most people make it out to be.