Dental office fee?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luckytooth

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a dental student and was wondering how much fee should be charged by a dentist(owner) for letting someone use his/her facility to screen 9-10 patients for boards.Only basic set up and x ray unit would be used for the process.The office has two operatories and located in suburbs of Los Angeles,CA.I would be using the office simultaneously with the owner,so they are not really renting it out,just allowing me to use one operatory.It would take me about 5-6 hours to finish the work.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a dental student and was wondering how much fee should be charged by a dentist(owner) for letting someone use his/her facility to screen 9-10 patients for boards.Only basic set up and x ray unit would be used for the process.The office has two operatories and located in suburbs of Los Angeles,CA.I would be using the office simultaneously with the owner,so they are not really renting it out,just allowing me to use one operatory.It would take me about 5-6 hours to finish the work.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

that actually sounds like malpractice. as a dental student you cant touch a patient let alone look in their mouth, legally, outside of the dental school or under the supervision of the faculty of the dental school. weather you are doing screenings or taking radiographs.
now if the general dentist or hygienist was going to be doing this work it would be fine.