Dental school admissions 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nam Ly

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
Does anyone know anything (reviews) about Meharry Medical College School of Dentistry (MEH)? or is anyone applying to this school this cycle?
I thank you for your help and responses in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I live in the Nashville area so I know a few dentists who went there, as well as an oral surgeon that I shadowed. They are all terrific practitioners if that gives you any idea of Meharry's quality. They are all caucasians though which is odd because I'm pretty sure they accept mainly URM's. I know they emphasize community outreach to underserved communities so if you are a URM and interested in that, Meharry could be a good choice. At the end of the day though, every school will make you a dentist so I think it's best to just go to the cheapest school

Reactions: 1 users

this is the best info I found on SDN about this school. I am also applying here

Members don't see this ad :)
I live in the Nashville area so I know a few dentists who went there, as well as an oral surgeon that I shadowed. They are all terrific practitioners if that gives you any idea of Meharry's quality. They are all caucasians though which is odd because I'm pretty sure they accept mainly URM's. I know they emphasize community outreach to underserved communities so if you are a URM and interested in that, Meharry could be a good choice. At the end of the day though, every school will make you a dentist so I think it's best to just go to the cheapest school
I really appreciate your advises! They are very helpful!

Reactions: 1 user

this is the best info I found on SDN about this school. I am also applying here
Best of luck to you

Reactions: 1 user