Dental school admissions 2019

Started by Nam Ly
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nam Ly

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello Everyone,
Does anyone know anything (reviews) about Meharry Medical College School of Dentistry (MEH)? or is anyone applying to this school this cycle?
I thank you for your help and responses in advance
 
I live in the Nashville area so I know a few dentists who went there, as well as an oral surgeon that I shadowed. They are all terrific practitioners if that gives you any idea of Meharry's quality. They are all caucasians though which is odd because I'm pretty sure they accept mainly URM's. I know they emphasize community outreach to underserved communities so if you are a URM and interested in that, Meharry could be a good choice. At the end of the day though, every school will make you a dentist so I think it's best to just go to the cheapest school
 

this is the best info I found on SDN about this school. I am also applying here
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I live in the Nashville area so I know a few dentists who went there, as well as an oral surgeon that I shadowed. They are all terrific practitioners if that gives you any idea of Meharry's quality. They are all caucasians though which is odd because I'm pretty sure they accept mainly URM's. I know they emphasize community outreach to underserved communities so if you are a URM and interested in that, Meharry could be a good choice. At the end of the day though, every school will make you a dentist so I think it's best to just go to the cheapest school
I really appreciate your advises! They are very helpful!
 

this is the best info I found on SDN about this school. I am also applying here
Best of luck to you