Dental School and Debt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do any of you know what you need in order to qualify to buy an existing $1 million dollar collecting practice? I am an incoming D1, state school so looking at around $160k for all 4 years. Was going to live cheap or at home since my school is an hour away and work for 2 years to knock out my loans. No other prior debt. This might be premature but I like to plan. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If 400k of debt for a dental degree doesn't scare you then you don't have a sound grasp on reality.
++++1. Listen to this advice. I am a practicing dentist and I think most predent students need a reality check. Went through hell to pay off mine at around 350k. I mean hell! Sure you can make the minimum payments for 30yrs 20yrs or whatever- but reality is the debt snowballs and fast! Wish I would of had a reality check prior to dental school...just figured most dentists did well. Fact is it is brutal out there and salaries are shrinking. 400-500k???- forget about it! You will make make more being a plumber (or any profession) with no debt.

Reactions: 1 users
The Army will pay up to $250,000 of your student loans if you join the reserves (meaning you live and practice wherever you want). 1 weekend/month and 2 weeks/year commitment. Ask me more
[email protected]

Reactions: 1 user