Dental School application advice

Started by ank21
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ank21

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question about my marks. I didn't do well in my first 2 years of university and I got B's, C's and one D but after those 2 years I managed to change up my habits and got all A's. Problem is those first 2 years have all my pre-req courses in there.
My science-GPA is around 3.1 and my overal-gpa is 3.45. cDAT scores are AA 22, PAT 23, TS 22. Do you think schools will look at my application unfavorably due to my low pre-req marks, even though my gpa increases after those 2 years with me being on the dean's list now? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Applying to these schools a good idea?
Midwestern
USC
Boston
Buffalo
Case Western
Temple
Penn
NYU
 
Over 200 hours of shadowing, Coach u-19 basketball team, have my own organization to set up medical projects internationally, over 1000 hours of hospital and health related volunteer experience. In terms of shadowing, LOR's and extra-curricular my profile is really competitive. I'm just worried about my pre-req marks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Over 200 hours of shadowing, Coach u-19 basketball team, have my own organization to set up medical projects internationally, over 1000 hours of hospital and health related volunteer experience. In terms of shadowing, LOR's and extra-curricular my profile is really competitive. I'm just worried about my pre-req marks.