Dental School Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ss_pyt

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be applying to dental school this year, but I haven't taken the DAT. I plan on studying hard for a month then taking it. This meany my application will be submitted early June. My gpa is above a 3.8, however I have 2 B's and 2 C's. Are these stats fine? Also what are the chances I get acceptances out of my state.

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on what classes the C’s are in and which out of state schools you’re looking at. Hopefully the C’s aren’t in prerequisite classes but if they are, it doesn’t mean you have no chance at getting into a school because many people still get accepted with C’s in prerequisites. Out of state private schools are all fair game for you (they don’t prefer in state applicants over out of state) but some state schools barely accept oos applicants so it really just depends on the school.

Reactions: 1 users
You're going to find more helpful advice once you've taken the DAT. Go out and kill it! @TopDog pretty much covered what you need to know at this point.

Reactions: 1 user
Those stats are decent, especially your average GPA. If you can, get good DAT score in the subjects that you got Cs to compensate. Otherwise, put together a kickass application (assuming you have activities and stuff) and you should have decent chance of getting accepted!