Dental School Ranking and Puerto Rico

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bisbenzimide

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a "good" list with the dental school rankings? The ones I've found have some variance or don't list all of them. Also, I will be applying this cycle and wanted to hear people's opinions on Puerto Rico School of Dentistry. If it's cheap, and accredited by the ADA, why don't more people attend? I'm curious about what language they teach in (I'm intermediate in Spanish but prefer hard sciences taught in English with English being my first language), how their boards work, and any additional cons of the school (or pros).

Members don't see this ad.

They hardly interview any OOS applicants, let alone accept them. In 2016 they interviewed 4 out of 286 OOS applicants and accepted 2 of them.

The only "rankings" that matter are GPA/DAT rankings so you can get an idea of where you should apply, though even that is not absolute. Startclass, QS, etc. are all garbage. Rankings mean nothing in dentistry.

Rankings vary per each individual. Whether you want to specialize, if you have money, your age, how much undergrad debt you have, where you want to practice. This is why there’s so much debate between Ivy League vs cheapest school you get into.

Members don't see this ad :)