Dental Schools that replace undergrad gpa w master's gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

axb4577

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have a really uncompetitive GPA so I am doing a one year master's currently and have a 4.0 currently and also i retook some of my science pre-reqs as a post back and have about a 16 credit hr. post-bacc. tldr: do you guys know if/what schools look at the grad. gpa instead that essentially replaces the undergrad gpa?

Members don't see this ad.

Schools will look at both, if you have a 4.0 grad GPA then your undergrad will not hamper your chances as much, especially if you pair them with a good DAT score. Don’t think any school will replace your UG with your grad GPA however, as the AADSAS portal will give them both to consider.

Reactions: 1 user
Schools will look at both, if you have a 4.0 grad GPA then your undergrad will not hamper your chances as much, especially if you pair them with a good DAT score. Don’t think any school will replace your UG with your grad GPA however, as the AADSAS portal will give them both to consider.
thank you so much! also I wanted to ask you if you know what schools other than NYU have a large class size??

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you so much! also I wanted to ask you if you know what schools other than NYU have a large class size??
MWU does as well (140 I believe).

generally class size is either indifferent or imo a larger class can be worse. Less individual attention in sim clinic and clinic and you won’t get to know your classmates that easily.