Dentist or Phyiscal Therapist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I dont think it's a troll. I really think his comments are genuine. His responses are too long and has too much effort in it to be a troll. But I still dont think he should go into either of the profession.

His personality just doesn't fit dentistry, judging by what he's posted here. Not being able to take criticisms and quick to respond negatively shows insecurity and doubt. Pretty sure thats what @knj27 means by volatile.

@ScienceOSU
Not gonna lie, you do spend a good bit of time talking about financial aspect of dentistry. Money, while important in dentistry, is not the end all be all. You never said WHY you liked dentistry. You said it was fun, but WHY was it fun? The tone of your posts, whether intentional or not, just made it sounded like you only cared about the financial aspect of dentistry and PT.

Example: In your Pro's and Con's table, especially the Cons, you ONLY listed salary and school debt.

Off the top of my head, I can list about 5 more Cons for dentistry that has nothing to do with salary and debt (though this is one of the major cons). Probably helped that one interviewer asked me to name a couple of Cons about dentistry.

Responding to provokers doesn't look good either, especially so quickly and so violently. Makes you look childish.

I hope you understand why people are responding negatively to your posts.

P.S. Reading back at all your posts here, I can only find maybe 2 or 3 post with actual information and theyre all about money. The rest are jabs at people who responded to you.
The only pros and cons is money, if you aint talking $$$ I dont wanna talk.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah good luck entering either fields with that attitude, bud.
This is a forum lol not an interview, if you people want to act childish I will oblige. Personality? I am not a person therefore where is the reality . lol I cant help it when people are as dumb as logs on this forum calling me a troll, lmfao bruh said voalitle personality on a forum with 1400 posts acting like this a facebook account. LMFAO!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
This is a forum lol not an interview, if you people want to act childish I will oblige. Personality? I am not a person therefore where is the reality . lol I cant help it when people are as dumb as logs on this forum calling me a troll, lmfao bruh said voalitle personality on a forum with 1400 posts acting like this a facebook account. LMFAO!!!!!

what

Reactions: 2 users

Are you going to call your parents dumb when they come to you for help? Are you going to call them names or insult them? It doesn't matter if this is facebook, a forum, or whatever. If you can't act professionally in this situation then I don't know what to tell you. Now you're saying it's all about the money so my previous post was correct. You are basically in it for the money. No one on here acted childish except you. Btw, adcoms do look at this site from time to time.

Reactions: 1 user
Are you going to call your parents dumb when they come to you for help? Are you going to call them names or insult them? It doesn't matter if this is facebook, a forum, or whatever. If you can't act professionally in this situation then I don't know what to tell you. Now you're saying it's all about the money so my previous post was correct. You are basically in it for the money. No one on here acted childish except you. Btw, adcoms do look at this site from time to time.
What help did the guy who said go become a ceo? exactly you proved my point as dumb AS A LOG

Fun fact, schools can find out your SDN account. Case Western requires you to provide it. Good luck!!!

Reactions: 1 users
I think the OP feels insecure about his/her intelligence since some variations of the word "dumb" keep being thrown around. Maybe the person got picked on a lot?

It's okay OP. It's not your fault.

its-not-your-fault.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
I think the OP feels insecure about his/her intelligence since some variations of the word "dumb" keep being thrown around. Maybe the person got picked on a lot?

It's okay OP. It's not your fault.

its-not-your-fault.jpg
what does op mean friend

Lol ScienceOSU is apparently a Veterinary Student now.

:troll:

Reactions: 1 users
Also, if you consider the amount of loans, PT may be the better option (from money's point of view).

Debatable. The debt:income ratio for PT is pretty poor in general.

PT is less stressful I think. Your patients will like you more. But it's definitely a softer science. Don't get me wrong--it's a broad subject and there are masters of it out there, but generally speaking you're going to be stretching people out the same way, telling them to stretch.... thats my impression. I considered it for a while but decided I wanted something with more immediate/concrete results.
How can there be so much ignorance in this poorly constructed "thought" you just spewed out.

How can there be so much ignorance in this poorly constructed "thought" you just spewed out.
I know this thread has gotten ridiculous---I haven't read most of it for that reason. But if you read my post in isolation there really isn't anything malicious. Try not to get personally involved, it's not worth it.

But I'll explain my point of view since you asked. My dads an orthopedic surgeon and refers to PTs all the time. He has great respect for them and actually encouraged his kids to consider the profession. Also my mom and my sister go to physical therapy often, and coincidentally I'm going now for a few weeks myself. My sister says if there's one job she could just chose for her son to grow up and be, it would be PT. I considered being one for a while, and shadowed one for a day.

And in all the above experience--though it's helpful and often necessary--it was mostly stretching, and relatively repetitive stretching. Someone above pointed out that this is actually the minority of cases, and I believe them since they appear to have more experience than me. But that was my impression and why I chose a different path with more immediate results. If you took it as an insult that was not my intent.

Fun fact, schools can find out your SDN account. Case Western requires you to provide it. Good luck!!!
wow, really? Could you lie to them by saying you don't have such thing?