Dentistry Questions

ChemDent01

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a sophomore in highschool and I became interested in dentistry earlier this school year. I've been reading a lot about it and I have become obsessed with dentistry and it's all I ever talk about. I have some questions though and would love some input and advice.

1.) 10 years from now will dentistry be better or worse? Will there be too many dentists? Will there be more jobs available and more people needing to go to the dentist?

2.) Would I have to major in a science or would I be be able to major in business and still get all my science classes in?

Members don't see this ad.

I am a sophomore in highschool and I became interested in dentistry earlier this school year. I've been reading a lot about it and I have become obsessed with dentistry and it's all I ever talk about. I have some questions though and would love some input and advice.

1.) 10 years from now will dentistry be better or worse? Will there be too many dentists? Will there be more jobs available and more people needing to go to the dentist?

2.) Would I have to major in a science or would I be be able to major in business and still get all my science classes in?

1) According to Google, in 2014, the projected 10-year growth was 18%, so you can extrapolate that there will still be enough jobs around if you end up taking the dental route.

2) Yes, you can major in whatever interests you and still go to dental school as long as you—like you said—get all of your prerequisite science classes in, assuming you do well in them.